SPORT AND CULTURAL ACHIEVEMENTS
1. The school recognizes achievements in sports or cultural activities outside the
school curriculum as well as in school. Parents are encouraged to inform
the school of their child’s achievements. Recognition of these achievements
will be made at the discretion of the Colours Committee.
2. Impeccable behaviour while practising the activity concerned is a prerequisite
for an award.
3. ACADEMIC : Alpha & Beta certificates are presented during the course of
ALPHA - aggregate of above 80% in an examination in Grade 4 to 7
BETA - diligence/progress/Improvement in Grade 3 to 7
4. SPORT AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
HALF COLOURS are awarded to pupils who reach a certain standard at
first team level.
FULL COLOURS are awarded to pupils who are chosen for a provincial team.
HONOURS are awarded for excellence.
BE A SPORTING SPECTATOR
1. We appeal strongly to parents to support us in maintaining a sports code.
2. Encourage our players, but also show appreciation for good play by our opponents.
Never jeer at the opponents’ efforts or make disparaging comments.
2. Avoid excessive running up and down the touchline or moving onto the field
of play. This is physically dangerous to you and the players.
4. Do not become involved in arguments with supporters of the opposing school.
5. A steady stream of advice to the players from the sidelines can be unsettling and
3. Criticism of the referee or umpire is not only unsporting, it also spoils the whole
atmosphere of the game and unsettles the players.
7. Exercise self-control and maintain a sense of proportion. If your team is losing,
it is not a major tragedy!!
8. Be proud of your school and its achievements.
Inter-house competitions are held in the form of Athletics, Swimming Gala, Cross-Country
and academic prowess. There are two houses and the colours are: